Los Angeles foodies are the luckiest people in the U.S. There are probably more gourmet food trucks in Southern California than any place on earth. These rolling restaurants regularly serve busy commuters at breakfast, lunch and dinner and cater parties, business meetings and wedding receptions. They’re in big demand everywhere, and their popularity has yet to peak. Here are 10 reasons that food lovers adore them.
- Gourmet food trucks are major players in the world of culinary arts, creating innovative menu options that are typically superior to fast-food offerings.
- By offering unique, creative menu choices, food trucks stimulate competition among other foodservice providers.
- Food trucks take delicious food to the people on the street, but they’re also familiar to catering customers, festival goers and concert attendees.
- Many food trucks use locally sourced ingredients, spreading a socially conscious message.
- Food trucks save office workers from revisiting last night’s soggy leftovers at lunch.
- Food trucks often serve better-for-you-foods at fast-food prices.
- The presence of food trucks creates a festive atmosphere in downtown and inner city neighborhoods, public parks and sporting events.
- Food trucks come to you.
- Food trucks offer food options in areas where brick-and-mortar restaurants are scarce and dining options are limited.
- No longer a fad, food trucks now account for about $650 million in revenue or 1 percent of total U.S. restaurant sales, according to the National Restaurant Association.
Serving business office workers and catered events, these three gourmet food trucks are among the most popular and dependable in Southern California: The Hungry Nomad, Greenz on Wheelz and Hang 10 Tacos.
The Hungry Nomad creates Mediterranean meals with a touch of California. However, the catering team can prepare almost any menu you request. Everything is guaranteed to be scrumptious. Give us a buzz at 877-NOMAD-10.
Greenz on Wheelz is a bright green mobile kitchen famous for healthy salads and fresh sandwiches. The staff can also prepare a wide range of other menus for catering clients. Phone the green truck at 855-6Greenz.
Hang 10 Tacos is famous for mouth-watering tacos made from the freshest ingredients, including shrimp, steak, spicy BBQ, pork or chicken. The big blue taco truck is in big demand to cater fun, festive events, and if you want a special menu, they’ll prepare it for you. Phone 855-5-Hang-10 and schedule a no-cost consultation.