You’ve probably dined at a food truck court, a cluster of food trucks in a setting, such as an office park, concert or fair. Gourmet food trucks offer a relaxed – and economical – way to chow down on gourmet cuisine. In case you’re a food truck novice, here are the accepted rules of the food truck court:
- Check social media for food truck information. Most food trucks use Twitter and Facebook to broadcast their whereabouts. This system lets foodies know the individual food truck schedules. If you want to sample from an array of food trucks, show up at a park, concert or festival. Many cities now organize food truck festivals based on the love of eating.
- Relax. Most people must stand in line for several minutes to place an order, so don’t feel impatient. Once you’ve place your order, step away from the food truck to wait for delivery of your food. This could take some time depending on how big the crowd is at the food truck court. Don’t be fussy. And definitely don’t save a place in line for a friend.
- Condiments et al. Pick up condiments, eating utensils and paper napkins from the food truck where you bought food. Don’t expect to secure these items from the trucks you didn’t patronize.
- Cash is king. Some food trucks don’t accept credit or debit cards because of the high service fees that banks charge. When it comes to cash, don’t leave home without it.
- Don’t dawdle. Most food truck’s post their menus near the window where you place your order. While waiting in line, decide what you’ll order before it’s your turn at the window. If you haven’t decided by the time you are first in line, let the person behind you go next.
- The Hungry Nomad is a popular truck for tasty salads and sandwiches. However, our versatile foodservice team is flexible and can prepare a party menu exclusively for your event.
- The blue Hang 10 Tacos truck has a smiling staff that serves outstanding tacos made from premium products. With a long history of catering large groups, Hang 10 Tacos can make your party or business meeting a big success.
- Greenz on Wheelz says “Lettuce Serve You” crisp salads and yummy sandwiches from a big green food truck. We can bring our sandwiches and salads on wheels to your home or office or create a special menu for your catered event. Want to order items for a vegetarian, vegan or even for a youngster who only eats peanut butter? That can be arranged too. The Greenz on Wheelz food truck gives you added value for the money.
The Hungry Nomad at 877-NOMAD-10
Hang 10 Tacos at 855-5-Hang-10
Greenz on Wheelz at 855-6Greenz