Many people think that food trucks only offer hot dogs and cheese steaks (not that there is anything wrong with that) but sometimes we just crave a little more. The truth is that there are many different food truck catering types. In fact, there are so many types of food trucks that most people still haven’t heard of them all.
For example, you can find some that serve delicious gourmet food. Others sell organic burgers, and still others serve difficult-to-pronounce French food. Here is a list of the most interesting and popular types of food trucks. If you want to know more about the mobile catering industry, just keep reading. In this two part series you will discover more about your food truck catering options and you will realize that these restaurants on wheels are as varied as their brick-and-mortar counterparts.
1. Healthy Food Trucks: People spend a lot of time worrying about their health nowadays. Serving healthy food such as fresh salads, free-range chicken and mercury-free tuna tacos has become a great way to respond to people’s needs. You will find these types of trucks painted light green and most of them are eco-friendly, running on vegetable oil and bio-diesel. One example of these super healthy options happens to be the Greenz on Wheelz food truck. They provide that ultra-healthy option for all your food truck catering needs.
2. Dessert Food Trucks: These trucks usually offer sweet meals such as chocolate bread pudding, waffles, donuts and cupcakes. Some of these mini-bakeries on wheels even offer gourmet coffee, espresso and tea as well.
3. Seafood Trucks: You can find a wide variety of fresh seafood in one of these food trucks, such as shrimp, fish, squid and shellfish. Another appeal quality of this catering type is the combination of seafood, rice and vegetables that they offer on the menu.
4. Brazilian Food Trucks: Brazilian cuisine is one of the most varied in the world. These trucks offer a huge combination of ingredients, such as meat, fruit, fish and beans (all in one meal), and you can easily recognize them by their tropical music and colors.
5. Asian Food Trucks: Fish, sushi, rice, pork, noodle soup and veggies all in one truck. You can also order these dishes with some Asian sauce, such as curry and wasabi.
Here are just the first 5 food truck catering types. For another 5 great options for all your food truck catering needs visit the Top 10 Food Truck Catering Types: Part 2.