California is paradise for food trucks and the people who love food truck cuisine. The region is home to unique food trucks serving superior cuisine on city streets and at weddings, fund-raising events, rock concerts and private parties. In addition, many food trucks are available to provide movie productions and video and photo crews with the same fresh, tasty meals that they offer throughout this area.
Here are suggestions for finding the perfect food truck to keep your movie or video crew well fed and your project on schedule.
- Hire an experienced food truck that has extensive experience catering movies or video productions. Choose an experienced food truck team that knows all union regulations, such as requirements for “second meals” per union mandate.
- Find a food truck that prepares most meals at your site. Ensure your food truck has an adequate kitchen and professional refrigeration equipment to prepare the quality meals you expect. You’ll want food to be hot and healthy but you never want to run out of ice.
- Be sure your chosen food truck team recognizes the value of time. Ask the food truck owner how quickly the staff can serve a crew the size of yours.
- Ask about the food truck’s reliability. Determine if the truck is always on time to catering events or if it ever breaks down. Also ask for references from recent clients who had a job similar to the size of yours.
- Select a food truck that can create your menu. Naturally, you want your food truck caterer to whip up tasty, quality meals. But if you choose to deviate from the food truck’s standard menu, you’ll want to do business with an operator that is both flexible and creative.
The following LA-area food trucks have an outstanding reputation for serving quality meals and magnificent munchies on movie sets, at video productions and photos shoots.
The Hungry Nomad creates a wide selection of California-inspired favorites with American, Mediterranean and European touches. And if you want something different, the staff will create a menu exclusively for you. 877-NOMAD-10
Greenz on Wheelz provides delicious wraps, sandwiches and salads on wheels, and everything is made from seasonal ingredients. Of course, the experienced catering staff will work with you to meet your specific food requirements. 855-6Greenz
Hang 10 Tacos serves the best tacos in Los Angeles. They’re made from fresh ingredients, such as fish, steak, shrimp, pork and BBQ. Hang 10 can ensure catered satisfaction on your set. 855-5-Hang-10