Inviting a food truck or two to your wedding reception is one of the hottest trends in today’s marriage celebrations. But have you thought about the food required before the wedding actually takes place? We’re talking about the food the bridal party and family members nibble as they gear up for the big ceremony.
The day of any wedding is guaranteed to be busy and stressful. There are last-minute decorating chores, clothing and makeup preparation and hairdos to consider. Healthy food is probably low on the wedding-day to-do list; however, nutritious munchies are vital because they keep everyone energized and in a good mood. Here are some tips for keeping the jitters at bay while everyone prepares for the wedding:
- Eat breakfast. It really is the most important meal of the day, especially when you are on the run. Start the day right by serving quality breakfast foods to everyone in the wedding party.
- Make sure the wedding party participants have plenty of munchies available all day long, including a selection carbohydrates and protein. Veggie, cheese and fruit platters and trays of meaty sandwiches are good choices, as are hot casseroles and salads with protein.
- Beverages should be available at all times so family members and the bridal party can rehydrate as they complete their chores. Save that glass of champagne for a toast at the reception. Instead, consume fresh water all day long.
- To look and feel your best, skip high-salt foods and fried items.
- Stay away from anything that could stain your hands, face or clothing.
But don’t make pre-wedding food preparation another chore to tackle. Take the work and worry out of your pre-wedding feast by scheduling a gourmet food truck to make and serve your munchies. A food truck can bring its kitchen-on-wheels to the wedding preparation site and arrange for chairs, tables, linens, flowers and even servers, if needed. It also can deliver platters of delicious food made from the freshest ingredients directly to your location and return later for the dirty dishes.
Celebrations and great food go hand in hand, and our fleet of gourmet food trucks wants to make your celebration extra special. Contact The Hungry Nomad (877-NOMAD-10), Hang 10 Tacos (855-5-Hang-10) and Greenz on Wheelz (855-6Greenz). Each truck is staffed with experienced foodservice professionals who have provided scores of brides with high-quality, tasty meals and snacks. We promise to work closely with you to satisfy your expectations and stay within your budget.
When you want healthy, delicious food for your wedding reception, bachelor or bachelorette party, bridesmaids’ luncheon or wedding shower, call on us. It would be our privilege to help you celebrate your special day.