Los Angeles is a food truck paradise with unique offerings and quality cuisine available throughout the area. But many of the on-the-street food trucks also are available to serve movie studios and video and production crews, providing the same fresh and tasty foods that they offer customers around the city.
Here are tips for selecting the ideal food truck to keep your crew well fed and your movie or video production right on schedule.
- Choose a food truck with a history of movie, video or production catering. Go with an experienced food truck team knows all about fulfilling union regulations and providing “second meals” per union mandates.
- Select a food truck that can do most food preparation on site. Ask the right questions to ensure your food truck has an adequate kitchen and sufficient refrigeration equipment. You’ll want to provide your crew with healthy, hot and delicious meals and never run out of ice.
- Find a food truck team that understands that time is money, especially on the set. Ask the food truck owner how quickly the staff can serve your crew.
- Investigate the food truck’s history of reliability. Ask if the food truck is always on time, and don’t hesitate to request references from recent clients. Find out how pleased the clients were with the truck’s food, service and reliability.
- Select a food truck that meets your menu needs. Naturally, you want your food truck caterer to whip up tasty, quality meals in a timely fashion. But if you choose to deviate from the food truck’s typical menu, you’ll want to do business with an operator that is both flexible and creative.
The following LA-based food trucks have a long history of providing superior meals and munchies at movie studios, photos shoots and video production sets.
- The Hungry Nomad menu features a wide selection of California-inspired favorites with a touch of American, Mediterranean and European cuisine. Want something different? The staff will adapt a menu just for you. Phone The Hungry Nomad at 877-NOMAD-10.
- Greenz on Wheelz is a kitchen-on-wheels specializing in the freshest sandwiches and salads in Southern California. But the veteran catering staff will work closely with you to meet your personal food requests. Phone Greenz on Wheelz at 855-6Greenz.
- Hang 10 Tacos serves tasty tacos made from fresh ingredients, including fish, steak, shrimp, pork and BBQ. The Hang 10 professionals serve foodies where they work and play and can ensure catered satisfaction at your movie studio or production location. Call 855-5-Hang-10 to schedule Hang 10 Tacos at your next shoot.