Southern California is a mecca for food trucks and the people who love them. The region is home to unique food trucks serving top-quality cuisine on city streets and at weddings, fund-raising events, rock concerts and private parties. In addition, many food trucks are available to provide movie productions and video and photo crews with the same fresh, tasty meals that they offer throughout this area.
Here are suggestions for finding the perfect food truck to keep your movie or video crew well fed and your project on schedule.
- Go with an experienced food truck that has catered movies or video productions in the past. Choose a veteran food truck team that knows all union regulations, such as providing “second meals” per union mandate.
- Find a food truck that can do most food preparation at your site. Be sure your food truck has an adequate kitchen and sufficient refrigeration equipment to prepare the professional meals you expect. You’ll want your crew to have hot and healthy food but you never want to run out of ice.
- Select a food truck team that recognizes the value of time. Ask the food truck owner how quickly the staff can serve a crew the size of yours.
- Check out the food truck’s reliability. Determine if the truck is always on time to catering events or if it sometimes breaks down. Don’t be shy about asking for references from recent clients who had a job similar to the size of yours.
- Select a food truck that meets your menu needs. Naturally, you want your food truck caterer to whip up tasty, quality meals in a timely fashion. But if you choose to deviate from the food truck’s typical menu, you’ll want to do business with an operator that is both flexible and creative.
The following Southern California food trucks have a distinguished reputation for serving quality meals and magnificent munchies on movie sets, at photos shoots and on behalf of video production companies.
Greenz on Wheelz is a rolling kitchen that specializes in delicious sandwiches and salads made from seasonal ingredients. Of course, the experienced catering staff will work with you to meet your specific food requirements. 855-6Greenz
The Hungry Nomad creates a wide selection of California-inspired favorites with American, Mediterranean and European touches. And if you want something different, the staff will create a menu exclusively for you. 877-NOMAD-10
Hang 10 Tacos serves the best tacos in LA. They’re made from fresh ingredients, such as fish, steak, shrimp, pork and BBQ. The Hang 10 team can ensure catered satisfaction on your set. 855-5-Hang-10